General settings for the synchronisation
Go to Administration > Synchronization and Channel Manager to define the general settings for synchronisation.
- You can activate this computer for synchronizing automatically. When using the database server, you can then ensure that either all computers synchronize (always whichever computer comes first in the specified time frame) or only the computer(s) with the most stable internet access.
- You can specify the interval for the synchronisation
- You can also decide whether you want to see a window pop up whenever Lodgit Desk is synchronizing with the online modules.
- New online bookings are now locked by default as soon as they're imported. You have to manually unlock them to move them in the reservation schedule. Here you can turn that automatic lock off by unchecking the box.
- Furthermore, you can decide, if you want all bookings in your reservation schedule to be shown in the calendar as "occupied", or if you want certain bookings to be shown as "vacant" instead.
Important: Bookings with the status Checked Out are generally considered "vacant" online.
- Also, you have to check at least one language in your database that is to be synchronised.
Activate rentable units for synchronization
You can easily adjust which rentable units can be booked online in the tab "Synchronize". It is irrelevant whether these units will be synchronized with one or several online modules. Here, you'll also decide which of your objects should be combined into a multiple-object system.
Simply check the boxes for the units you want to synchronize in the upper list. With a right click or the actions menu you can quickly:
- synchronize / don't synchronize all units in this object
- synchronize / don't synchronize all units of that type in this object
- synchronize / don't synchronize all units of all objects
In the bottom list, you can combine objects into a multiple-object system. Select the system you've previously created through the grey arrows on the right. If left empty, this object will be synchronized as is.
Once combined into a multiple-object system, the objects will no longer be listed separately in the preferences for the channel managers. Only the multiple-object system will be listed.
Lodgit Desk allows you to combine different objects in Lodgit Desk into one system for the modules "Online Systems" and "Interface: Channel Manager". Within Lodgit Desk, these objects will still be handled separately (e.g. to create separate statistics), online they are treated as one object, though.
Add a multiple-object system in the list to the left. You'll have to define a few settings, such as arrival and departure times as well as features. These settings only concern the system online, not the objects in your backend.
- Synchronization and Channel Manager <<
- General settings for synchronisation
- >> Settings for synchronizing with the Lodgit Online Booking System